Senior DevOps Engineers:My client are a leading consultancy firm and listed as a Times 100 Top Employer. As part of their range of services, there...
My client, a leading media company, is looking for a DevOps Engineer to work in their Cloud Platform team. To help build and operate their AWS and Heroku cloud platforms, thus enabling delivery teams to deliver systems quickly, safely and cost effectively.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong Python programming skills.
- Hands on experience with AWS, especially cloudformation and lambda.
- Able to setup and manage continuous integration jobs and continuous delivery pipelines.
- Experience with designing APIs and working with REST-based microservices.
- Good unit testing skills, preferably with TDD experience and exposure to a variety of mocking techniques and frameworks.
- Ability to work effectively with infrastructure and config management tools like cloudformation and ansible.
- Understanding of the principles of continuous delivery & infrastructure as code.
- Experience working within an environment where operational support and monitoring of code & systems is part of the culture.
- Hold an AWS certification e.g. AWS certified solution architect - associate.
- Hands on experience managing AWS / Heroku infrastructure
The role includes Designing and implementing tooling for AWS and Heroku governance across a large cloud estate. Providing self-service APIs and tools that enable delivery teams to utilise cloud platforms safely and effectively. Providing tools to help teams understand usage and costs of their cloud estate and encourage cost effective infrastructure.
- Ensure solutions are robust and technically fit for purpose and in line with technology strategy.
- Collaborate with product owners to contribute to the definition and understanding of incoming requirements.
- Ensure solutions achieve the required quality standards through close collaboration with the other members of the team, including pair programming.
- Ensure solutions delivered include synthetic testing and/or application monitoring where applicable.
- Own the development of functionality from accepting a story through to delivery into Production environments.
- Work as part of an agile team implementing software development best practices including test automation, continuous deployment and application monitoring.
- Provide support to other delivery teams and help them utilise the cloud platforms effectively.
This role offers a competitive basic salary and attractive package including 25 days holiday, up to 16% pension contribution, life assurance, season ticket loans, private healthcare, etc.
The technology department is a team 250+ staff and spans server-side, web and cloud software engineering, quality assurance, integration, on-premise and cloud provisioning, operational support, IT governance, programme/project management & customer/supplier management.
Apply now by sending in your CV today!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age