Network Engineer Permanent London BridgeI am currently recruiting for a Network Engineer to join my client, an international FinTech business in London Bridge on a...
Network Engineer - Permanent - London Bridge
I am currently recruiting for a Network Engineer to join my client, an international FinTech business in London Bridge on a permanent basis.
A Network Engineer is join the Infrastructure team and is critical to building and supporting the infrastructure and systems that run the entire group of companies. The scope of the team is very broad, from physical datacentre networks, storage and servers to cloud AWS.
This role combines project and operational work designing, building and supporting the production and corporate networks.
Key Skills Required of the Network Engineer:
- Knowledge of installing and supporting Cisco/Dell/Fortinet network products and firewalls in HA configurations.
- Knowledge of routing protocols like OSPF and BGP.
- VPN infrastructure, cryptology and network security experience.
- Experience in network monitoring and management tools (SNMP, netflows, etc.)
- A keen interest in modern network automation patterns would be beneficial
Key Responsibilities of the Network Engineer:
- Ensure production and corporate systems are available, performant and compliant (this is a regulated business)
- Design and install network equipment (Firewalls, SANs, Switches etc.)
- Work with InfoSec on security initiatives - the network is key to the company security stance - DDOS Protection, IDS, WAF etc.
- Provide expert support on the network and act as a point of escalation for the rest of the infrastructure team.
If this opportunity would be of interest to you, please submit your application at your earliest convenience.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age