Senior SQL Database Administrator - Permanent - London
I am currently recruiting for a Senior SQL DBA to join my client, an international FinTech business at their offices in London Bridge on a permanent basis.
The Senior SQL DBA will be joining the Data Technology team and will be responsible for all core database technology that is hosted internally and in AWS. The Senior SQL DBA will be responsible for ensuring the up-time and integrity of all of the websites. This is a high profile, fast paced, technically challenging operations role.
Key Skills Required of the Senior SQL DBA:
- In-depth experience in supporting SQL Server versions 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2014 and 2016
- Expert knowledge with database backups, restores and maintenance activities against large databases
- Advanced knowledge of database encryption and security protocols
- Experience with SQL Server High Availability and Disaster Recovery implementations including Failover Cluster Instances, Availability Groups, Database Mirroring, Replication and Log Shipping
- Extensive and advanced knowledge of scripting with T-SQL
Key Responsibilities of the Senior SQL DBA:
- Own, track and resolve database related incidents and requests
- Ensure database systems remain highly available, reliable and secure
- Work closely with the development team to review database deployment scripts
- Be involved in SQL Server version upgrades and the design and implementation of high availability
- Review monthly security assessments and take responsibility to ensure database security standards are implemented and monitored
What can you expect in return?
As well as a competitive salary, bonus scheme and corporate benefits package, you can expect:
- Free breakfast and snacks
- Weekly drinks/social events
- Chill out area with pool table, table tennis table and Wii
- a dedicated training budget
- Monthly town hall updates - a collaborative and transparent working culture
If this opportunity would be of interest to you, please submit your application at your earliest convenience.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age