Senior Infrastructure Engineer IntegrationThe role of the Infrastructure Engineer will be driven by Country Data/Application and Legal requirements to allow the individual to deliver on...
Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Integration
The role of the Infrastructure Engineer will be driven by Country Data/Application and Legal requirements to allow the individual to deliver on all aspects of the IT infrastructure and to be a focal point for IT Integration related initiatives and for working with IT leaders as well as Compliance and Audit functions. The Infrastructure Engineer will primarily look at the IT Integration for West Africa and as such will be required to travel to the region on a regular basis.
- Take the lead for specific project team for the Integration activities and related projects. You will help implement our IT Infrastructure strategy, our selection and implementation of infrastructure technologies and will be responsible for making sure that the Integration infrastructure strategy is aligned with all other elements of IT infrastructure.
- Work on major IT Integration projects, operational deliveries and infrastructure initiatives, proposing solutions and options that are in-line with the Group's standards/strategy and document the architectural implications, costs, risks and issues.
- Develop documentation/presentations such as infrastructure architectures, network topologies, roadmaps etc that can be used to communicate strategies and architectures to all levels of IT and business.
- Provide input and technical guidance across all IT infrastructure delivering oversight and/or validation of technologies and architectures, acting as technical design authority on projects.
- Ensure that infrastructure solutions are aligned to the operational and strategic needs for each country and comply with appropriate Data Sovereignty and Protection Laws
While being Infrastructure/Insurance focused, candidates must have a broad range of experience including many of the following:
- Experience of implementing and managing infrastructure operations in a large global environment.
- Application architectures and application security techniques including authentication & authorisation models, secure coding practices and penetration testing principles.
- Large scale transformation and global programmes
- The design and implementation of Data Centres, large computer rooms or hosting facilities
- Development and/or review of enterprise infrastructure documents and deliverables
A broad range of strong technical knowledge is required allowing the Integration Infrastructure Engineer to work alongside subject matter experts and system engineers:
- Knowledge of Microsoft System Services and Solutions - Windows, Active Directory, System Centre, SQL Server, IIS etc.
- Data Centre infrastructure (M&E) and environmental protection techniques/technologies
- CCIE. Networking - LAN & WAN design principles, Network Architectures, Network optimisation and key network technologies
- Storage - SAN, NAS, Tape, Backup and Archive systems
- Platforms - Windows servers, Microsoft clustering, load balancing and provision of high availability systems
- Application architectures - databases, web servers, middleware. Application security and secure coding concepts.
- Application/Infrastructure vitalisation - Citrix, VMware, VDI
- Knowledge in a diverse range of security concepts and technologies including Network and perimeter security, firewalls, IDS/IPS, Web Application firewalls, vulnerability scanners, log analysis (SIEM), Operating system security, Federated Identity Management, Cloud security.
- Experience within Software Development with a working knowledge or Testing and Release processes
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age