Wintel SpecialistWintel Specialist required to build and deliver technical solutions, products and services to meet the needs of customers' business goals. As the Wintel specialist,...
Wintel Specialist required to build and deliver technical solutions, products and services to meet the needs of customers' business goals. As the Wintel specialist, you will have a level of significant technical expertise of functional specialism. The successful candidate will be responsible for the support of the infrastructure and platforms ranging from BAU, break/fix, service improvements and project implementation including design input and potentially working with 3rd party suppliers and contractors to ensure that specifications and standards meet client requirements.
As the Wintel Specialist your keep responsibilities will include:
- Installing, testing, analysing, troubleshooting and modifying new equipment/solutions to achieve maximum performance and availability
- Providing technical expertise in the development and deployment of service infrastructure, driving improved technical and service performance.
- Supervising the delivery of 3rd party suppliers and contractors to ensure that delivery specifications and standards meet the business requirements
- Standardising equipment to minimise disruption and achieve straightforward integration with existing networks/infrastructure
- Providing technical leadership within the team, sharing knowledge and skills and providing mentoring support to engineers and technicians
- Adopting the role of Design Authority (DA) in area of expertise to ensure the delivery of the end to end customer solution and for less complex projects Lead Design Authority (LDA)
- Working knowledge of Server and Database infrastructure
- Windows Server based operating systems
- Microsoft O365 (Exchange Online, SharePoint, Yammer, Skype etc)
- VMware vSphere (5,5.5, 6.0)
- VMware Horizon View (5,6,7)
- Cloud Based Technologies such as AWS and Azure
- Automation technologies such as VMware vRealize Cloud
- Excellent PowerShell and scripting/automation exposure
- Experience in design architecture and documentation (HLD's & LLD's)
- PKI infrastructure
- Citrix infrastructure
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age