Technical Author CambridgeWe are currently recruiting for a Technical Author / Writer to work on a contract basis to produce high-quality documentation for a leading...
Technical Author - Cambridge
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Author / Writer to work on a contract basis to produce high-quality documentation for a leading organisation based in Cambridge. The Technical Writer will be responsible for contributing to the overall success of IT optimization projects. They will join a team of enthusiastic IT technical resources working to migrate servers to a data centre. The aim is to eliminate old risks and bring the company infrastructure to the next level with a focus on automation. This requires solid documentation for both automation and shift left.
The Technical Author will have the following responsibilities;
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of Services, environments and the documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Analyse existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Create and maintain the information architecture
To be successful in this role, the Technical Author will have proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation. They will have the ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail and the ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures. They will have strong written English skills and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office. They will have a basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development.
Please call or send your CV for further details.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age