Data Analyst Data Science London 6 Month Contract Our Banking client is offering an exciting opportunity for a Data Analyst to join their London based...
Data Analyst Opportunity based in Edinburgh, long term career opportunity with competitive package on offer, please apply and I will call you to go through the details!
- Ensuring design and standards being adopted into the Infrastructure are in line with Group protocols and IT policy. Working with project leads to ensure all requirements are captured, accurately articulated.
- Maintain all databases, applications and servers to ensure continuation of live service. Ensure backups and archives are adequate for recovery as and when necessary.
- Maintain a strong network of contacts and best practices within and out with the Group, scanning the market to maintain knowledge of technology advancements in solution development and considering new ways to add value
- Proactively review and assess risks presented by our infrastructure with robust documentation and action plans to mitigate and control risk with quantifiable improvements in data availability and accuracy.
- Ensure you execute all activities in an ethical and social responsible manner compliant with Group policies
- Manage any outages or incidents to ensure the root cause, impacts and solutions are quickly identified with effective communication and prioritisation with stakeholders throughout the duration of the outage.
Specific skills or knowledge details
Expert knowledge and good experience of developing in:
- SQL Server 2014 and older versions
- Transact SQL
- Application Development (SQL Server, Access, Web Based, VB etc.)
- SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) including SSIS Reporting
- Database design & Administration Activities
- SQL Server roles and security
- Query profiling and optimisation
- Performance monitoring
- Capacity planning
- C/C++ & C#/Java
- VBA and .net
- Tableau Visual Dashboard creation
- Pega workflow software
- Analytical/Statistical skills (SAS etc.)
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age