Data Business Analyst Our Banking client is offering an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled Data Business Analyst to join their Edinburgh based team for...
Data Analyst Opportunity based in Edinburgh, long term career opportunity with competitive package on offer, please apply and I will call you to go through the details!
This is a Senior Data Analyst, MI, Planning and Data Infrastructure Vacancy for an experienced candidate with stron Data Analysis skills as well as .NET, VBA and C#.
- Ensuring design and standards being adopted into the Infrastructure are in line with Group protocols and IT policy. Working with project leads to ensure all requirements are captured, accurately articulated.
- Maintain all databases, applications and servers to ensure continuation of live service. Ensure backups and archives are adequate for recovery as and when necessary.
- Proactively review and assess risks presented by our infrastructure with robust documentation and action plans to mitigate and control risk with quantifiable improvements in data availability and accuracy.
- Ensure you execute all activities in an ethical and social responsible manner compliant with Group policies
- Manage any outages or incidents to ensure the root cause, impacts and solutions are quickly identified with effective communication and prioritisation with stakeholders throughout the duration of the outage.
Specific skills or knowledge details
Expert knowledge and good experience of developing in:
- SQL Server 2014 and older versions
- Transact SQL
- Application Development (SQL Server, Access, Web Based, VB etc.)
- SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) including SSIS Reporting
- Database design & Administration Activities
- SQL Server roles and security
- Query profiling and optimisation
- Performance monitoring
- Capacity planning
- C/C++ & C#/Java
- VBA and .net
- Tableau Visual Dashboard creation
- Pega workflow software
- Analytical/Statistical skills (SAS etc.)
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age