Network Design Engineer CCNP SC ClearedOur client are looking for a Network Design Engineer to join their team based in Newport on an initial 6...
Level 4 Desktop Specialist / Senior Desktop Engineer / Packaging and Project Work - Banking Sector - Canary Wharf
We are currently seeking a Windows Desktop Specialist role for a leading banking client at Canary Wharf.
The role is for an experienced Windows Desktop technical specialist with experience dealing with critical business systems. The candidate will hold an in depth knowledge of Windows Desktop builds and design, configuration and integration of the windows desktop. The role holder will have responsibility for the engineering of the organsation's browser and office products along with other end user productivity tools and middleware.
To be successful in this role, you will hold the following skills and experience;
- Experience working within investment banking
- Deskside support technical experience operating within a complex environment with demonstrable experience in providing third level technical support within a team
- Deep technical understanding of Windows desktop x64 operating systems
- A good understanding of how a modern browser works from a desktop and network perspective
- Knowledge of software packaging tools (e.g. InstallShield, App-V, Wise)
- Knowledge of third party tools used to manage and support large environments (Appsense, Splunk)
- Experience in engineering large scale deployments and migrations of Office 2010 and 2013
- Experience of configuring and supporting Microsoft Outlook in an Exchange environment
- Knowledge of a Windows network infrastructure including Active Directory, SCCM, GPO
- Experience of large scale desktop deployment tools and techniques in a large distributed organization
- Scripting ability desirable (e.g. Powershell, WMI, VBscript)
- Experience of managing work packages dealing with third party suppliers and internal business
- An excellent understanding of ITIL Service Support and Delivery disciplines and methodologies
- Experience using a help desk call management system
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight timescales
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer care skills
- Strong Technical grasp of strategic platforms such as Microsoft, Networks and Security, WAN, LAN, Exchange 2010. MCSE qualification is desirable.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Desktop Specialist to work on exciting projects for a global investment banking client. Please apply online for consideration.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age