Big Data ArchitectOur client who are one of the UK's leading telecommunications companies are looking for a Big Data Architect to join their team based...
Big Data Architect
Our client who are one of the UK's leading telecommunications companies are looking for a Big Data Architect to join their team based in Newbury on an initial 3 month contract.
The Big Data Architect will be responsible for ensuring that the strategy and architecture is adhered to in the development of all Analytics solutions that will use the clients data and process it. This will include anything from BI solutions to Advanced Machine Learning analytics. You will liaise with our stakeholders to gather requirements as well as set the expectations for a product. You will also research & investigate current industry trends and standards to enhance and optimise our current solutions.
- Research and define different ways data can be analysed using advanced or emerging technology including ML libraries, etc
- Range of solutions should cater to a simple data analysis user with automated modelling solutions like Rapidminer, Data Robot, Domino lab etc to reporting tools like Qlik, Tableau, BO, Microstrategy etc.
- Understand different Data processing methodologies like Hadoop, RDBMS, Columnar/Graph databases, No SQL etc. and use appropriate ones per use case.
- Responsible for overall design and usage strategy of Analytics processing
- Experienced in having used GPUs and TPUs for data analysis
- Develop and maintain reference architectures for those that are fit for current purpose as well as future proof it to aligning and converging with long term strategic technology advancements
- Develop and document the Solution Blueprint with relevant architects. These can be local market BI/BD teams or SLT.
- Conduct architectural and design boards to evaluate existing solutions, assess gaps. Propose new product and blueprint where necessary.
- Experience inTOGAF and design for the following technologies would be advantageous:
- Big Data Hadoop
- Cloud SQL databases
- No SQL DBS
- Graph Databases
- Data wrangling tools
- Data Modeling tools
- As part of a team, conduct detailed research and analysis of defined business problems and prepare solutions to satisfy existing and future needs.
- Collect and cleanse data necessary to support an analysis of large data sets.
- Model data and metadata for ad hoc and canned reporting.
- Research, experimentation, creation, and maintenance of analytical algorithms and transforms.
- Research and application of advanced mathematical and statistical analysis methods on large data sets to solve difficult business questions.
- Works with others to develop, refine, and scale data management and analytics procedures, systems, workflows, interactive dashboards, reports, best practices and other issues.
- Provide estimates for allocated work items and participate in project estimation. Regularly report progress on allocated work including issues that threaten the quality or timeliness of the work.
- Excellent analytical skills
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Extensive BI EDW experience with focus on Teradata, Oracle databases and extending to Big Data models.
- Should have experience in production environment of No SQL, Graph and Columnar DBs
- Use of Hadoop Cloudera and other distributions in production environment
- Data strategy established for BI and Big data
- Familiar with data modelling techniques
- Experience with data wrangling tools
- Experienced in data modelling tools like Data Robot, Dataiku, Rapidmider, SAS, R, Scala, Python and ML libraries.
- Experienced with reporting solutions like Microstrategy, Arcadia or others.
If this position sounds of interest and you would like to know more then please apply now.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age