I'm currently recruiting for a Telecoms Engineer to work with a leading telecommunications company. This role will be field based and supporting a range of customers across Northern Ireland. There may be some travel to customer sites In ROI. You will given a company car and fuel card.
The Telecoms Engineer will ideally have a background supporting Networks, Telecoms, and Voice. Experience /certifications with telecoms and voice products such as; Avaya IP Office, Mitel, Nortel, Panasonic, NEC, Splicecom, etc. Would be highly sought after.
- Ability to work on Avaya IP Office and associated applications/hardware/software
- Required to be part of an out of hours rota
- To be aware of and meet the KPI's and objectives set for you by your line manager. This will include a combination of lone working and team work
- To be aware of and to comply with the documented quality system as it applies to your role (ISO Audits)
- Attend where possible all company / manager briefings
- Adhere to the Company Dress Code
- To be willing to undertake overtime to meet customer and company needs
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Periodically review Security Policies - centrally hosted on the Intranet - to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements.
- If you are a Manager of staff, you must ensure:
- your team are aware of their security responsibilities & know how to access Group Security Policies hosted on the Intranet;
- the principles listed with the Security Policy Statement document are embedded within the operations of your team.
- Carry out any 'ad hoc' assignments as and when required.
- To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
- Understanding of customer Infrastructure/LAN.
- Knowledge of 3rd party applications/ installations and high end maintenance
- General telecom industry knowledge
- Enhanced knowledge of software relating to installed hardware
- Good standard of written English and Maths, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Manufacturers accreditations
- Excellent fault finding skills on systems and networks
- Operating system installation / rebuilds
- Perform invasive component repairs
- Copy, backup and reload software onto specific devices
- Ability to assist with the design of a script or defined resolution plan
- Ability to lead Installations, maintenance & IMACS
- Problem management skills
- Excellent customer facing and communication skills
- Documentation and paperwork to be completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Experienced in the installation ofAvayaIPO including
- Accredited in Avaya IP Office Core & Server Edition
- Accredited in Avaya IP Office Session Border Controller
- Accredited in Avaya IP Office ACSS
- Accredited in Avaya IP Office IPOCC
- Accredited in Avaya IP Office AWFOS
If you are interested please send your CV to email@example.com or apply within
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age