Are you a CIPS certified Interim Procurement Specialist? Do you want to work for a leading media company?
The Procurement department manages the end to end process to ensure goods and services provide best value for money when taking account of business requirements, quality standards, volumes, timescales, locations, risks and other factors. Goods and service types procured include: Technology, Facilities, Print, Distribution, Editorial, Marketing, Advertising, HR, Professional Services, Property and Travel.
The role will also include building and managing relationships with strategic and business critical suppliers, as well as the management of the department's two administrators. The role will report to the Head of Procurement.
- Business degree or similar qualification, or equivalent commercial work experience
- Extensive commercial experience working in procurement with recent senior roles
- Knowledge of the full procurement lifecycle, including the preparation of tender documents, evaluating suppliers, negotiating and drafting contracts and contract/supplier management
- A proven track record successfully managing major, strategic procurements e.g. technology outsourcing
- A generalist with significant experience of procuring both technology and other, non-technology-related services
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a small team
- An outstanding communicator and influencer with the ability to develop excellent relationships with people internally and externally at all levels
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple concurrent activities and deliver to tight deadlines
- Sound project management skills
- Good working knowledge of use of common IT packages
The assignment will be for a minimum of 7 months, to include one month shadowing the Procurement Manager before she commences maternity leave in July. Depending upon the availability of candidates, the assignment may commence at any time from mid-April.
- building and developing effective relationships with key business stakeholders
- assisting the business with the development of specific requirements for planned procurements, including the building of business cases
- developing tender and evaluation documentation
- undertaking supplier assessments and selection
- assessing commercial risks, developing mitigation plans and following up actions
- supporting key stakeholders with commercial negotiations
- developing and implementing supplier performance and contract management tools
- measuring supplier performance and monitoring compliance with commercial terms of strategic and business critical suppliers
- employing best practice procurement methods to manage risk and optimise value
- reporting on procurement activities, including savings and benefits achieved, to the Head of Procurement
- undertaking line-management for the Procurement Administrators including training and monitoring to ensure their objectives are achieved
Benefits. Many great benefits but the standout ones are:
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- 25 days leave, increasing to 30 after two years
- Pension plan, company doubling your contribution
- Other schemes include: Flexidays, Childcare vouchers, Give as you earn, Cycle to Work, travel loans, healthcare, dental, life assurance, gym membership, local business discounts.
Apply now by sending in your updated CV!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age