Information Developer / Technical Author
We are currently seeking a contract Information Developer for a leading organisation in Cambridge.
As a contract information developer, you have an exceptional opportunity to provide technical communication services to this group and work with our global team of information developers.
As an Information Developer, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Identifying user needs, and adapting and improving content based on these needs.
- Creating and maintaining structured technical content that maximizes comprehension and ease of use, and eliminates ambiguity without the loss of precision.
- Ensuring that the technical content complies with corporate and Technical Communications writing standards.
- Tracking and reporting on the progress of the technical content lifecycle.
- Working with the Technical Communications team lead and the content architect to implement content models and best practices.
To be successful in this role, you will hold a good degree or qualification in a relevant subject. You will be an experienced information developer, with a proven track record of writing for global audiences with a very good understanding of the documentation production cycle. You will hold good knowledge of industry standard tools and technologies, with the ability to learn and adapt. You will ideally hold knowledge in some the following:
- Technical writing tools
- Content management systems
- Vector graphics tools
- Multimedia authoring tools
- Version control systems
- Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) methodology
Please apply online for further details.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age