Hadoop Engineer - Edinburgh - 6 Month Contract
Our Banking client is offering an exciting opportunity for a Hadoop Engineer to join their Edinburgh based team on a 6 month contract.
The successful candidate will have previous banking experience as well as the following skills/knowledge:
- Strong general and current Technology knowledge in particular with respect to technology deployment in Financial Services or other innovative technology users ideally working to the ITIL v3 framework.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language.
- Experience of technology vendor relationships and partnerships in building, maintaining and leveraging technology products and services. Including roadmaps, contract negotiation and partnerships.
- Research and commentary on industry development and direction including new data management products and innovation. Ability to articulate business case for new technology proposals that demonstrate tangible benefit.
- Technology leadership. This should include, engineering, implementation and past operational experience within the following areas:
- Cloudera distribution of Hadoop (CDH)
- Ecosystem technologies such as:
- Impala, Hive, Solr, Zookeeper, Cloudera Manager
- HA & DR best practices.
- Backup and Recovery practices.
- Security best practice.
- Monitoring and management products
- Ability to operate outside of the immediate technology comfort zone and work with appropriate technical resource to deliver quality solutions in these instances.
Should this Hadoop Engineer position be of interest please submit your CV and I will be in contact by telephone as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age