Data System Analyst 12 months EdinburghOur Banking client is offering an exciting opportunity for a experienced Data System Analyst to help their Edinburgh based team...
6 Month Initial Contract
Our Financial Services client is offering an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled Data Analyst to join their Edinburgh based team.
Key skills required:
- Data/ requirements gathering - identify best practice through building relationships with the team and key stakeholders (finance leads in pillars) of data management, report creation across pillars and propose a standardised process to be completed centrally for the use of our senior leadership and their teams. Currently multiple processes for similar reporting on [project actuals v budget, governance, forecasting accuracy, predictions of spend based on previous actuals. Linking project milestones to asses financial risks. Financial control processes such as trends with time recording, receipting activity. Summarising large data sets with run the bank costs and adhoc queries.
- Good data management, pulling multiple data sets to highlight key insights, linked with robust process documentation capability for repeatable processes. Simple processes using tools to do the repeatable processes, limiting manual effort for sustainable report generation and delivery.
- Excel/Access automation - turning data extracts into insightful summarised MI for decision making at management and senior management level. Dynamic reporting with graphic/ visual representation to simplify data and highlight key discussion points and drive discussions for effective decision making.
- Continual improvement mind-set - balance delivering short term solutions with plan for further improvements to the process being established through extract - transform and MI production. Requirements will change over time so documentation on how the (simple) reporting works is essential .
- Useful knowledge -Data sources: Oracle/ SAS Database/ Apptio/ offline extracts provided by central technology.
- Essential knowledge: Excel/ Automation/ Continual Improvement/ Process documentation/ Requirements gathering.
Should this position be of interest please submit your CV and I will be in contact by telephone as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age