A Service Delivery Manager is required by this Major IT Consultancy to provide the key client interface for the delivery of IT Support services as...
Delivery Manager - Platform Infrastructure - Permanent - Basingstoke
We are currently recruiting for a Platform Infrastructure Delivery Lead to join one of our clients in Basingstoke in a permanent capacity.
IT Platform Infrastructure Delivery Manger is responsible for the entire platform tower, which incorporates Windows & UNIX Servers, Storage and Cloud / IaaS Instances. This is primarily a proactive leadership role of the Platforms within our client, encompassing both technical and service activity, and managing both direct reports and outsourced service providers.
Platform Infrastructure Delivery Lead Experience Required:
- Proven experience in leading a Platform (servers, storage, cloud) function
- Proven experience working within 24/7 IT operational environment
- Proven experience coordinating taking a lead role with at least 2 reports
- Experiencing working as a senior technical expert in the following fields:
- Windows Server, ESX Virtualisation & Unix (Solaris, RHEL) Server
- Cloud / IaaS technologies (minimum Azure & AWS)
- Other areas beneficial areas of experience include:
- Database (Oracle, SQL)
- Middleware (JBoSS, Weblogic)
- Backup & recovery
- The following skills being highly desirable
- Checkpoint, BIGIP, CISCO ASA, RiverbedProven experience delivering continuous service improvements for the business
- Security technologies
- Extensive knowledge of analytic techniques and methods and problem-solving skills
- Experience of the regulatory and audit requirements within an operational environment
- Sound Platform infrastructure design experience in a technology organisation with history of delivering scalable, resilient systems and platforms
- Experience of working with outsource partners and delivering solutions into support
- Awareness of project management methodologies, e.g. RUP, CMMi, Prince II, PMI
- Visibility of software development methodologies, e.g. waterfall, agile
- Experience of working with business and technology stakeholders
If you think you would be a good fit for this role, please apply here. We look forward to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age