Technical Project Manager | Brighton*** This role is in scope of IR35 so you will need to operate through an umbrella company ***We are currently...
Project Manager - In scope
Urgent requirement for a Project manager to provide a professional, consistent and effective project management service to clients in accordance the client's Business Services governance processes and standards. This role will involve managing project finances, change control and progress reporting to GBS standards and provide all cost, contingency and project / programme details to the sponsor to demonstrate trace-ability of costs to the project.
As the project Manager you will be required to;
- Manage teams of required specialists in order to deliver projects or small groupings of projects/portfolio of projects in accordance with agreed technical standards and guidelines as described in the Service Development Life-cycle.
- Proactively manage potential conflicts, e.g. between return on investment associated with the benefits case, and technical compliance, engaging specialist expertise as required and confirm project alignment with Business / IT strategy as necessary.
- Act as mentor / coach to more junior project managers in order to develop capability in project management.
- Build and maintain relationships with business representatives and stakeholders so that expectations are managed. Act as the primary point of contact for the project or portfolio and work closely with the client to manage issues and concerns.
- Establish partnership assurance-styled relationships to drive efficiency's and effectiveness from the supplier contract, taking appropriate action to resolve issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Engage with Strategic Sourcing partners to achieve contracts and formal documents with the appropriate levels of risk and responsibility avoiding any duplication of supplier responsibility and protecting NR against supplier failure.
As the Project Manager your essential requirements are;
- Significant project management experience of either large IT application development projects (i.e. £1 million and 10 people) or large IT infrastructure projects.
- Experience in the use of a project planning tools (e.g. Primavera or Microsoft Project).
- Knowledge and experience of applying a range of delivery, development, and software engineering life cycles, e.g. waterfall, RAD, JAD, DSDM, Agile
- Formal Project Management qualification (e.g. APMP, PRINCE2, PMIP, Managing Successful Programmes).
- Solid experience in project planning tools and critical path management at project / portfolio level.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age