Power BI SMEUrgent requirement for a Microsoft Power BI SME. This is a combined leadership and technical role, sitting between IT and business users, as...
Power BI SME
Urgent requirement for a Microsoft Power BI SME. This is a combined leadership and technical role, sitting between IT and business users, as an internal consultant, to both understand and interpret IT and technical aspects of the system whilst understanding, supporting and training users and driving system usage and adoption alongside business champions.
As the Power BI SME you principal accountabilities will include;
- Acting as internal consultant bridging the gap between the business and IT
- Collecting, consolidating, verifying and analysing data, using it to create the integrated reports within Power BI.
- Creation of dashboards and reports.
- Building processes and procedures to automatically load data from data sources.
- Coaching and mentoring client teams, teaching business units the functionality of Power BI and how they can use it
- Keep up to date with the evolution of the Power BI, SharePoint and Office 365 tools (Teams, OneDrive, Yammer) system product in the marketplace.
Qualifications and Experience;
- Experience working with Microsoft Power BI.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring client teams and strong stakeholder engagement skills.
- Experience of designing and implementing interactive reports using a range of technologies including Power BI.
- Advanced level user with complex Excel spreadsheets and data sets is required.
- Stakeholder management and requirements gathering experience is required.
- Experience of designing and implementing Business Intelligence tools in complex environments within a mixed delivery team.
- Experience of data analysis, master data management and quality assurance.
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring).
- Hands on experience designing and delivering reports using a server based technology.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age