My major client in the IT and telecoms sector is looking for a Software Test Analyst to come on board within their expanding team and...
Software Engineer in Test / Developer in Test
We are currently recruiting for a contract based Software Engineer in Test for a leading company based in Cambridge. The Software Engineer in Test role is to support customer focused applications and web components platform. You will work with a team of software engineers, in an agile environment, with responsibility for designing and implementing test code and infrastructure. You will be part of a small team, but you will liaising with other teams to use common practices and improve the overall adoption of automated testing.
You will be responsible for validating and testing a new platform, understanding how the application is designed and implemented, but also holding a customer perspective when implementing test cases and test code.
- Build automated test suites alongside the application codebase and development effort
- Writing test plans for new product features.
- Work with other test engineers to understand and adopt common tools and practices
- Validate a multitude of deliverables, including application code, binaries, infrastructure / IaC, deployment pipeline
- Finding and reporting software vulnerabilities
- Working on initiatives to improve test processes, tooling and standards
- White box code inspection and performing peer reviews
To be successful in this role you will hold functional test automation with a tool such as Selenium. You will have experience in integration of validation steps into a CI / CD pipeline, optimisation of test case execution, unit testing and security testing. You will have practical experience with Agile / Scrum SDLC and object oriented programming experience required, preferably Java. You will proficient in developing and testing web applications and web services with good collaboration and communication skills. You will hold experience working within an Agile / Scrum environment and an understanding of code coverage
Please call or send your CV for further information.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age