My major client in the IT and telecoms sector is looking for a Network Engineer to come on board within their expanding team and assist...
My major client in the IT and telecoms sector is looking for a Network Engineer to come on board within their expanding team and assist in the growth of this even further at a real exciting time. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading company that will offer you the chance to enhance your skill set and develop your experience and offers clear lines of career progression from day one.
In this role you will be working in a team of 4 and you will be responsible for delivering Cisco and Juniper Gold Partner Standard 3rd line support.
Main responsibilities include:
- Act as a technical escalation point for network support and take part in the 24x7 on call rota
- Deliver consistent, high quality, service supporting network and security devices
- Assist in delivering appropriate ongoing maintenance of the platforms including patching, config backup and engage in lifecycle and capacity management.
- Measure, report, review and recommend on network capacity and utilisation.
- Identify risks affecting the network platform and escalate accordingly.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to troubleshoot IP routing, BGP both as part of IPv4 routing and MPLS VPN, OSPF and EIGRP, layer 2 connectivity and STP
- Ability to implement changes and build solutions involving IP routing, BGP both as part of IPv4 routing and MPLS VPN, OSPF and EIGRP, layer 2 connectivity and STP
- Ability to troubleshoot and implement firewall changes, including IPsec VPN, Remote Access VPN and SSL VPN
- Ability to troubleshoot and implement load balancer changes, including application acceleration, global load balancing and SSL handoff
- Ability to troubleshoot xDSL services, L2TP and PPP
- Cisco Nexus switching and routing
- Experience of Carrier grade Broadband equipment.
The Network Engineer role comes with a competitive salary along with:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Life assurance
If you are an individual with experience in Cisco hardware and software, send me your CV and I will give you a ring to discuss the job opportunity.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age