iSeries/RPG software engineers x2Our banking client in Jersey is looking for 2 highly skilled iSeries/RPG software engineers to join them for a 6 months initial...
Category Manager - Software and Electronic Engineering
We are currently seeking a Category Manager for a leading global technology and engineering organisation based in Cambridge.
The Category Manager will become the global procurement lead on category within Electronic and Software Engineering working with key vendors to drive global leverage. This includes leveraging global supply capability for worldwide consumption. As a Procurement Manager, you will develop Procurement category plans that support the engineering efficiency improvement targets whilst providing excellent value for money. You will closely with the Engineering department, where you will conduct market, trend and M&A analyses and evaluation criteria for new software tools in partnership with engineering departments. You will provide and present full risk profile for existing and potential vendors to senior management.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and experience:
- You will be a well-established procurement professional with strategic procurement experience in multi-site and/or multi-region organisations.
- Experienced in strategic procurement operations, preferably in complex cross cultural cross functional environments
- Background in relevant software or electronic engineering procurement roles.
- Possess superb client partner engagement skills.
- Experience of change management and business process improvement.
- High level analytical verbal and written presentation skills as well as great problem solving skills.
- You will have sound communication skills which are required when dealing with suppliers and internal customers.
- You will have knowledge and use of eProcurement and eSourcing and advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- You will be keen to develop and advance.
Please call or send your CV for further details. This is an opportunity to work with a growing organisation in a role with global influence, whilst working in a fantastic working environment with great benefits package.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age