Application Support Analyst Contract Derby An Application Support Analyst is required to join my client, a global engineering company, on a 3 month initial contract...
Application Support Analyst - Contract - Derby
An Application Support Analyst is required to join my client, a global engineering company, on a 3 month initial contract in Derby.
An Application Support Analyst will be responsible for offering assistance and support to both internal and external customers across a range of digital applications to ensure they are correctly supported and highly available.
Key Responsibilities of the Application Support Analyst:
- Communicating and collaborating across different business units and teams as well as liaising with internal and external customers
- Supporting in-house applications as well as making changes to the existing systems, creating a seamless experience for all users
- Undertaking proactive system and application monitoring in order to pre-empt potential issues
- Attending to and finding speedy resolutions and prognosis to application related issues
- Writing technical procedures and documentation as well as providing requirements, testing and transitioning new solutions to production
Key Skills Required of the Application Support Analyst:
- Strong experience of working within a 2nd Line Support capacity
- Practical experience of working with SQL Server
- Ability to read and write querying and scripting languages such as SQL, PowerShell, Pearl, VB and Java
- Proven experience across various platforms including Linux, Unix, Windows, VMs and ETL Tools
- Knowledge of working in an ITIL/DevOps environment (Incident, Change Problem Management) and knowledge of IT best practise including Agile
- Proven experience of working within a team
If this opportunity would be of interest to you, please submit your application at your earliest convenience.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age