Senior Engineer LINUX/Unix We are currently searching for a Linux/Unix specialist engineer with a high degree of experience working with Red Hat Enterprise Linux to...
Senior Engineer - LINUX/Unix
We are currently searching for a Linux/Unix specialist engineer with a high degree of experience working with Red Hat Enterprise Linux to be based in Winchester on an initial 3 month basis.
- Install, test, analyse, troubleshoot and modify new equipment/solutions to achieve maximum performance and availability
- Provide technical expertise in the development and deployment of service infrastructure, driving improved technical and service performance
- Document engineering build procedures and contribute to the continuous improvement of policies, processes and procedures
- Contribute to accurate forecasting and capacity management
Skills and experience needed:
- Strong Skills in RHEL IDM, Ansible and Tower
- Exceptional working knowledge of Linux/Unix related infrastructures, this includes but is not limited to:
- Posix operating systems (Redhat Linux 5/6/7, AIX4/5/6)
- Linux/Unix servers (IBM pSeries, IBM iSeries)
- Redhat Satellite v5/6/7
- Linux automation tools (Puppet/Ansible/Chef) in order of preference
- VMware vSphere (All Versions) and virtual machine principals
- Excellent scripting/automation exposure
- Experience in design architecture and documentation (HLD's & LLD's)
- Experience of managing a complex licensing agreement in order to maintain relevant compliance
- Strong understanding of security principals use or certificates and secure communications
- If this role would be of interest to you, please apply as soon as possible.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age