Quality CoordinatorWe are currently seeking a candidate to train as a Quality Coordinator for a leading IT organisation based in Prudhoe.The candidate will be a...
L3 Operations Engineer - London - 6 Month Contract
Our Banking client is offering an exciting opportunity for an L3 Operations Engineer to join their London based team on a 6 month contract.
The successful candidate will have previous banking experience as well as the following skills/knowledge:
- Solid experience of working in a high-pressure, large-scale, global environment.
- Solid understanding of Java application containers
- Solid understanding of Web Servers; Apache, IIS
- Solid understanding of Web Security - Web Application Firewalls & API Security Gateways
- Experience of working with Application Development and business teams.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Solid understanding of distributed multi-tier architectures.
- Solid understanding of change control procedures and incident reporting methodologies.
- Solid understanding of setting up monitoring & alerting for new systems
- Automating infrastructure provisioning - IaaS & Automating application delivery - PaaS
- Successful, proven experience in similar function within a large multi-functional environment.
- Very good working knowledge of financial services industry.
- Experienced in the technical implementation of key business applications through Test and into Live Service.
- Significant experience of different delivery methodologies (waterfall, agile/SaFE/LeSS/kanban/xp)
Essential Technical Experience:
- Supporting Cloud First strategy: using AWS, Azure & SaaS services
- UNIX/RHEL/Ubuntu with strong scripting experience
- Microsoft Windows server platforms 2012 and 2016 with IIS 8.5 and .Net
- Monitoring: ITRS Geneos, Nagios, AppDynamics or similar
- Log management: Logstash, Syslog, ElasticSearch or similar
- Experience in Server Security, Firewalls Setup, DNS management and Port Blocking
- Knowledge of troubleshooting tools and techniques related to networks and systems i.e. remote access tools, Unix & Windows Support tools, connectivity tests, etc.
- CM & Automation - Ansible Tower; Puppet Enterprise, Octopus; Urbancode
- Strong technical knowledge of environments management and configuration orchestration technologies (e.g. GIT, Bitbucket, Team City, Artifactory, Nexus,. Concourse or other tools for continuous integration / continuous delivery)
- Testing tools & frameworks, e.g. Selenium; Microfocus Silk Suite, Cucumber, Zephyr
- Monitoring & Analytics - ITRS; Nagios; Datadog: AppDynamics, New Relic; Splunk (ELK presumably), Sumlogic
- Containers - Use of Docker, Kubernetes, PKS and OpenShift - (ITSIO)
Should this L3 Operations Engineer position be of interest please submit your CV and I will be in contact by telephone as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age