Technical Cloud ArchitectOur Banking client is offering an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled Technical Cloud Architect to join their Edinburgh based team for 6...
Technical Cloud Architect
Our Banking client is offering an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled Technical Cloud Architect to join their Edinburgh based team for 6 months initial contract.
The successfully candidate will have previous banking experience as well as the following skills:
- Design of Cloud environments with a focus on Azure/AWS/GCP and demonstrate Technical Cloud Architectural knowledge, playing a vital role in the design of production, staging, QA and development Cloud Infrastructures running in 24x7 environments.
- Delivery of Cloud Strategies aligned with business objectives and with a focus on Cloud Migrations.
- Provide leadership in infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques including mass application movements into the cloud including implementation of Azure/AWS/GCP within in large regulated enterprise environments.
- Nurture Cloud computing expertise internally and externally to drive Cloud Adoption
- Azure/AWS/GCP based Cloud Architecture and migration skills and experience.
- Strong understanding across Cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end to end Cloud Infrastructure architectures and designs.
- Knowledge of further Cloud technologies (Azure, S3, VMware)
- Experience as an IT Infrastructure Architect, with focus on hybrid cloud, server, storage and networking.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Knowledge of the primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3) desired
- Experience implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments desired
- Leading highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments desired
Please note only candidates with previous banking experience can be considered for this role.
Should this position be of interest please submit your CV and I will be in contact by telephone as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age