Technical Author / Technical Writer / Information DeveloperWe are looking for a Technical Author / Technical Writer to join the product team for a market...
Technical Author / Technical Writer / Information Developer
We are looking for a Technical Author / Technical Writer to join the product team for a market leading IT solution based company. The Technical Author will assume design and authoring responsibility for aspects of the product documentation through to completion.
You will be working with a team of Technical Authors and alongside the product team to design and produce the information our users require to optimise our solutions. You will have some access to teams that use solutions.
The role will involve:
- Writing, editing and managing documentation including installation, operations and UI guides and on-line help
- Working with software developers and business analysts to update documentation for each major software release and to amend the documentation to reflect customer feedback and new features released during release cycles
- Providing technical writing guidance and mentoring to software developers and other staff contributing to the product documentation
- Taking ownership of assigned projects and reporting to the Senior Technical Author
- Assisting with the development of training materials where necessary
Key Skills and Experience Required
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Excellent writing, communication, presentation and organisation skills
- Experience with topic based content production
- Proven ability to work independently to tight deadlines
- An inquisitive nature, with the ability to ask the right questions of those people who have expertise on the relevant area
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Microsoft Word. You should understand concepts such as the use of styles and macros.
Although not essential, the following experience is considered beneficial for the role:
- Experience with the Madcap suite of documentation tools; alternatively other help authoring tools such as Robohelp or WebWorks Publisher
- Authoring within an Agile software development environment
If you are interested please send across your CV for consideration
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age