Infrastructure Project Manager 6 months EdinburghOur Banking client is offering an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled Infrastructure Project Manager to join their Edinburgh based...
Junior Infrastructure Project Manager
contract till end of October
A well renowned Top Tier Bank is seeking a Junior Project Manager to work on the successful delivery of numerous infrastructure projects varying in both size and complexity from initiation through to closure.
The candidate must have investment banking experience as well as the following skills set and experience that are detailed bellow:
Key qualities and experience
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of managing migration or upgrade projects
- Knowledge of project management methods including MSP and PRINCE2
- IT background
- Experience of planning, designing, executing, monitoring and controlling projects
- Controlling projects and writing reports for the PMO or Project Manager
- Managing the scope of the project from initiation through to the successful completion of the project
- Planning and defining the project and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Co-ordinating with the business to enable effective communication and acceptance of the projects deliverables
- Setting up and maintaining the project governance required
- Managing the projects budget
- Developing a stakeholder management plan and ensuring business readiness across all elements of the project
- Managing risks and issues to the projects successful outcome
- Working with the Service Transition Manager to plan and manage the activities required to move project deliverables into production
- Reporting the progress of the project at regular intervals to the Sponsor
- Managing resource allocation and requirements
If you are currently looking for your next contracting opportunity within this domain, and are able to offer the above knowledge and skill set. Please apply as soon as possible with an updated CV.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age