Data Developer Edinburgh 6 Month Contract Our Banking client is offering an exciting opportunity for a Data Developer to join their Edinburgh based team on...
Data Developer - Edinburgh - 6 Month Contract
Our Banking client is offering an exciting opportunity for a Data Developer to join their Edinburgh based team on a 6 month initial contract.
The successful candidate will have previous banking experience as well as the following skills/knowledge:
- Data Development experience for digital and/ or data analytics purposes, realised in high pressure sectors/ environments.
- Must be highly experienced in working with large and small data sets, noSQL data sources, connecting to REST APIs and building API Gateways. Expert level is required.
- Agile and DevOps mind set as standard.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- SQL - T/SQL and PL/SQL
- Java, JS and JSON
- Nice to have: Python, Curl, Perl
- Nice to have: Powershell
Database Management Systems, SQL and NoSQL.
- Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Edition
- Oracle 12c - RelationalDB and Document Store
- Nice to have: MongoDB or similar Document Store database
- Nice to have: Hadoop and associated EcoSystem
Software and Tool development experience:
- Tableau, Tableau Server or similar modern Data Visualisation / BI Tools.
- ETL and Wrangling Tools such as Informatica, SSIS and Trifacta.
- Working JIRA knowledge both from a user and technical understanding.
- Nice to have: HUE and Opensource Tools - Spark, Hive, Impala, Pig, Sqoop, Maven
- Nice to have: Capital One Hygieia or similar, Java based packages and instalments.
Should this position be of interest please submit your CV and I will be in contact by telephone as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age