Principal ConsultantOur client is looking for a Principal Consultant with an in-depth understanding of cloud based architectures, specifically on Amazon Web Services. This role requires...
Our client is looking for a Principal Consultant with an in-depth understanding of cloud based architectures, specifically on Amazon Web Services. This role requires the ability to deliver AWS architectures programmatically via Hasicorp's Terraform product.
- Serve as a SME to deliver AWS infrastructure and technically lead the design and implementation of solutions using Terraform as the sole delivery mechanism of AWS
- Be the technical "go-to" in terms or Terraform experience and skills
- Assist the client with their Terraform deployment challenges
- Involved in working closely with customers to understand their requirements, architect and implement solutions
- Developing infrastructure as code using tools such as Terraform or AWS Cloud Formation
- Attend Customer opportunity / strategy / standup meetings & take responsibility for the quality of all technical deliverables produced.
- Ensure that hand over to relevant support organisation is successfully completed.
- Provide technical support as requested, for internal and external customers
- Work as part of a team on larger solutions
The Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of Architecture related work, particularly around delivery of AWS with Terraform
- Establishing AWS best practice in line with the AWS well architected Framework
- Strong understanding of core Amazon infrastructure including EC2, S3, ELB's, Auto scaling, Lambda, RDS, VPC's, Security Groups, IAM, Cloud Formation
- Hands on delivery of AWS with Terraform. Awareness of best practices in coding AWS via Terraform.
- Awareness of scaling Terraform code in an enterprise environment. Avoiding architecture dead ends and variables/details into the code base.
- Porting of Terraform code across geographies via decoupling modules from technical specifics
- In-depth understanding of cloud networking security concepts, such as IP subnets, security groups, NACLs, routing, firewalls.
- Solid understanding of AWS availability zones, regions and HA strategies
- Strong scripting/automation skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field - or very significant experience required
- AWS Solution Architect or Developer - Associate Certification
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age