Data Warehouse Developer CognosI am currently recruiting for a Data Warehouse Developer with extensive Cognos experience based in Manchester on a 3 month contract for...
Data Warehouse Developer - Cognos
I am currently recruiting for a Data Warehouse Developer with extensive Cognos experience based in Manchester on a 3 month contract for a global IT Service Provider.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of the Cognos BI suite, ideally Cognos Impromptu & Impromptu Web Reports (IWR) 7.X version but our client will consider experience in latest versions till 11.x version
The Developer will be responsible / accountable for:
- Technical expertise in Data Warehousing (Relational, Dimensional Relational (DMR), & OLAP) modeling and development, schemas (Star & Snowflake), logical data marts & table structures (fact & dimension); using Data Modeling tools such as Cognos Transformer and Framework Manager.
- Work on Cognos BI suite, including Business Insight & Advanced, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Event Studio and Metric Studio.
- Develop solutions for Management dashboards, BI Analytics or Operational BI; and documented technology roadmaps through collaboration with the data management, ETL and business teams.
- Configure and optimize Cognos BI environment, which includes relational, and OLAP layers, and data migration components; working in collaboration with the data warehouse environment and team.
- Deliver solution-oriented complex reports using Report Studio, ad-hoc reporting interfaces using Query Studio, multi-dimensional analysis & visualizations from OLAP cubes using Analysis Studio, created checkpoints & alerts in Event Studio, and developed scorecards & metrics in Metric Studio.
- Generate SQL/MDX queries and analyzed Cognos SQL, Native SQL to troubleshoot report issues.
- Implement Web Technologies to customize the reporting environment in order to organize and visualize Business Metrics and KPIs into logical sets of dashboards and data visualizations.
- Customize Cognos Connection with appropriate reports, scheduling and maintenance of reports, and security measures; to define user, group and role-based access; in order to provide access control to events, cubes, views, dimensions, rules, alerts, scorecards, portlets and dashboards.
If this role is of interest and you'd like further information please get in touch.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age