Network / Devops consultantLorien's Financial client is currently looking for a Devops / Network Architect to join there London based team on a 6 month...
Senior Java/Scala Developer
Fantastic opportunity to join our Banking client on an initial six month contract in Central London!
The manager is looking for someone who has implemented a Service Oriented Architecture using Micro services whilst also having Spark/Scala experience.
The successful candidate will join the existing development teams working on strategic risk systems for the Risk, Compliance and Surveillance (RCS) department. The SRS and MRX teams cover the storage, query and analysis of trade and market risk, stress-testing and PL data, and regulatory reporting on behalf of our banking client.
- Strong Java or Scala development skills along with strong experience on distributed caching and big data technologies, preferably Oracle coherence and/or Apache Spark & HDFS
- Demonstrable knowledge in software engineering issues such as designing to handle a variety of latency use cases.
- Senior JVM developer able to drive all aspects of POCs with cloud vendors in a highly technical way
- Experience of - or at least familiarity with - containerized (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) and Cloud infrastructures and environments.
- In depth technical knowledge with the ability to interact with a wide set of stakeholder from Cloud through Risk / Trading / Finance in business friendly language.
- Ability to liaise directly with business users during bug/problem resolution
- Understanding of fundamental financial controls, concepts and processes
- Knowledge of risk and risk management within an Investment Bank
Please forward your CV if you are interested in finding out more about the client and opportunity
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age