Senior Oracle Engineer Edinburgh 6 months Our Banking client is offering an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled Senior Oracle Engineer to join their Edinburgh...
Senior Oracle Engineer - Edinburgh - 6 months
Our Banking client is offering an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled Senior Oracle Engineer to join their Edinburgh based team.
The successful candidate will have the following essential skills and experience:-
- Hands-on technical delivery of new systems using current Oracle software products
- Knowledge and working understanding of the following Oracle products:-
- Oracle Names (ONames),
- Oracle Internet Directory (OID),
- Oracle Virtual Directory (OVD),
- Oracle Unified Directory (OUD),
- Oracle Database Server (current and recent versions),
- Oracle Client (current and recent versions).
- The ability to work independently to drive project deliverables to conclusion
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Understanding of high-availability architecture
- Working in a large-scale, distributed, Oracle database enterprise
- Delivering change safely and accurately in a highly governed environment
- Delivering high quality, technical documentation to include Design, Build, Test, Implementation, and Support artefacts
Additionally, the following skills and experience are highly desirable:-
- Recent deployment of a similar Directory service
- Relevant, recent assignment in the financial services sector (esp. banking)
- Use of ServiceNow, or similar, for change governance
- Development of detailed Service Transition Plans (STPs) (aka Technical Implementation Plans (TIPs) or Schedule of Events (SOEs))
- Use of the ICEFLO product for the development and execution of STPs
- Deployment of new systems on virtualised Linux server infrastructure
- Working with on-shore and off-shore colleagues to deliver robust, effective solutions
- Understanding of Agile, or similar, project delivery methodology
Should this position be of interest please submit your CV and I will be in contact by telephone as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age