Senior UI Designer required, reporting to the Head of Design, required for a large Media company based in London. The individual will be responsible for...
Senior UI Designer required, reporting to the Head of Design, required for a large Media company based in London. The individual will be responsible for assisting in the development of engaging, elegant and efficient user experiences across the client's digital products on desktop and mobile. The successful candidate will have a track record of delivering user centric solutions in an agile environment.
The role will involve working primarily on a .com website with consideration for the mobile app.
- Work as part of a cross discipline, agile team
- Balance customer needs with business goals and the brand vision
- Be a champion of the brand and the value of design to communicate the brand
- Produce high quality visual design solutions for digital products when required
- Facilitate production by art-working assets for development on request
- Work with the research team, user experience designers and actively get involved with usability studies, testing and competitive reviews
- Continually optimise the design of our existing products, raising bugs and responding to issues raised in the development and testing processes.
- Be on top of the industry standard and innovations in UX and design and help infuse them back into the organisation.
- Extensive commercial experience in digital design role
- Strong typographic skills and a content first approach to design
- Working knowledge of contemporary web standards, e.g. HTML5/CSS3/SVG etc.
- Excellent organisational and collaboration skills
- Able to operate in a design and production role
- Good knowledge of relevant software such as Sketch/Photoshop etc.
- Relevant degree
- Experience working in an Editorial design team
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Experience within a fast paced media environmentTo find out more please apply today!
The technology department is a team 250+ staff and spans server-side, web and cloud software engineering, quality assurance, integration, on-premise and cloud provisioning, operational support, IT governance, programme/project management & customer/supplier management.
To find out more please apply today!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age