DevOps Engineer London 6 Month ContractOur Banking client is offering an exciting opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to join their London based team on a...
Lorien Resourcing are working in close partnership with their client, a forward thinking and innovative Saving and Investments firm, in their need to recruit permanent "job title" to join a growing team based in their newly opened Edinburgh office.
Our Client are seeking to add highly motivated and a real team players to support them as they look to make a series of significant changes across the wealth solutions business.
This growth is part of their continued strategy to be innovative, the best and to become a true digital business
They want to attract people who want to make a difference and be part of something very special not just in the present but for the future as well
All levels of experience will be considered for each role so if you don't feel you have everything please don't let this stop you applying to what could be the next step in your career development
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will deliver and integrate software to form a complete DevOps toolchain. You will be responsible for planning and designing large and/or complex technical initiatives as well as providing leadership to build knowledge and skills within the Engineering Community. As well as this you will also;
- Transform technical requirements into an effective DevOps toolchain to enable product delivery
- Make sure deployment strategies for products are repeatable, scalable and highly available
- Have a deep technical knowledge, providing support to delivery teams and solving complex problems
- Provide coaching and mentoring to more junior colleagues
You will also be expected to have a mix of;
Able to build and test interfaces between systems, and can lead complex integrations.
- Demonstrates a breadth of understanding of service support
- Able to identify process optimisation opportunities with guidance and contribute to the implementation of proposed solutions
- Collaborates with others when necessary to review specifications and uses these agreed specifications to design, code, test and document programmes or scripts of medium to high complexity, using the right standards and tools.
- Provision, build and deploy SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS environments. Understand how to manage capacity and how that impacts on cost.
- Understand the deployment process through which code goes from the version control system to production, and automate this deployment process
- Break down restrictive manual processes such as over-restrictive change management in order to build agile and flexible software systems.
- Sees prototyping as a team activity, actively soliciting prototypes and testing with others. Establishes design patterns and iterates them. Knows a variety of methods of prototyping and chooses the most appropriate ones.
Desirable but not essential;
- Identifies and engages with users or stakeholders to collate user needs evidence and understands and defines research which fits user needs. Able to use quantitative and qualitative data about users to turn user focus into outcomes.
- Translates logical designs into physical designs. Produces detailed designs and documents all work using required standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate. Designs systems characterised by managed levels of risk, manageable business and technical complexity and meaningful impact. Works with well-understood technology and identifies appropriate patterns.
- Set up and use a version control system and code management technologies for collaboration, review and management of projects.
This truly is an excellent opportunity to work in a great and modern office environment with an immense team spirit around it. The company will support you in your professional development and reward you with a competitive salary, flexible working and super benefits. We are confident that for the right candidates this is a great opportunity to join a company that wants to invest in you. If you want to hear more please apply or alternatively contact one of the Lorien team to discuss things further
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age