Datacentre Technical Support

Job Ref: 50196083
Sectors: Support & Administration, Network, Telecoms & Infrastructure, Other
Job Type: Contract
Date Added: 04 October 2018
  • Redditch, Worcestershire, England
  • £16 - £17 per Hour
    HOUR
  • Eleanor Leahy
  • 0113 8878074
Lorien https://www.lorien.co.uk https://www.lorien.co.uk/-/media/lorien/logos/lorienlogoweb189x84.png

Quick Apply

Request a callback

Send To A Friend

Datacentre Technical Support

Are you looking for your next long term Contract role working for a globally recognised service provider?

The role

If you are passionate about providing Technical support on a global scale then this role is for you!

On a day to day basis you will be submitting and vetting requests to 3rd party datacentres across the globe as well as performing remote on-site tasks. You will be installing PC's, servers or networking equipment. Responding to calls from Global Client support centre for hardware or software assistance and resolving problems. Maintaining and troubleshooting a wide range of client problems in addition to repairing servers, peripheral equipment and Install all cables, connections and cross connects to data centre and customer equipment

You will be spending approximately 60% of your time desk based and the other 40% with the on site data centre technicians. So being able to multitask and priorities is essential.

The important stuff

Communication is key in this role and if you feel you have excellent verbal and communication skills as well as fantastic customer service then read on.

This role also requires a Strong knowledge of network cabling infrastructure (including MDF, IDF, and DMARC) and TCP/IP , Cisco and other networking equipment. Can organise and dress cables/wires. Have an excellent Understanding of various technologies including hardware PC and Windows Os, Modems, Disc packs and Tape Drives. Have a basic knowledge of Windows Sun Solaris software installation and configuration.

If you feel you are still ticking all the boxes and are a reliable, flexible team player this role is for you!

Work life Balance

If you can't stand a 5 day working week this job will be right up your street!

The job has a three week working shift pattern, Wed-Fri (7.30AM to 7.30PM), Mon - Wed (7.30AM to 7.30PM), Mon-Thurs (7.30PM to 7.30AM). Although some flexibility may be required to cover holiday leave & sick leave which may include Weekends, nights and day shift if required.

If this sounds like a new and exciting opportunity you just can't turn down then please feel free to give me a call on 0113 887 8074 or send me a copy of your most up to date CV

We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age

Lorien
03/11/2018 14:33:22
GBP 16 16.