Finance AnalystLondon Start date: 23rd October You will be working to ensure and facilitate solid understanding of the cost base and expense drivers. Work with...
Start date: 23rd October
You will be working to ensure and facilitate solid understanding of the cost base and expense drivers. Work with the team on Operating Expense and headcount budgeting and forecasting processes. Work closely with budget managers and other Finance colleagues to ensure full awareness of variances and expenses for the function. Work closely with Group/Corporate Finance to ensure the team adheres to group financial reporting standards and timeframes.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Develop and facilitate monthly internal budgeting and reporting requirements to support management in understanding the cost base, therefore contributing to Group/Corporate Finance summary reporting and commentary.
- Collaborate with team in detailed analysis of function-specific costs, including analysis by segment (e.g. Insurance, Reinsurance, Corporate) and "Total Cost of Ownership" (end-to-end cost of operations). Provide proactive analytics on cost drivers with alignment to enterprise needs.
We're looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- The role prefers individuals who are a finalist or qualified (ACCA/CIMA or CPA (or equivalent)) and/or actively studying towards achieving this qualification.
- Experience in Insurance or a Financial Services environment. Fully/part CII or CPCU qualified a plus.
- Up to date appreciation of the technical requirements of the role (e.g. VAT, transfer pricing, function-specific requirements such as capitalization, capital and operating lease accounting, etc.)
- Track record of identifying and analysing problems, identifying & evaluating options, deploying sound decision making skills
- The role would suit highly driven self-starters, with a strong desire to challenge and deliver. Demonstrates a 'can do' attitude.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; Excel (including Pivot Tables), PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Access. Excellent general ledger skills, preferably PeopleSoft.
If this role is of interest to you or you want to know more, please apply online or call 0203 909 5189. You must be available to start on 23rd October.
Start date: 23rd October
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age